Byon January 5, 2017
This creamy pasta dish makes a delicious meatless meal – and it’s quick to prepare.
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 15 min
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 250 ml (1 c) milk
- 250 ml (1 c) cream
- 5 ml (1 t) cornflour, dissolved in 15 ml (1 T) water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 g fresh parsley, chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon 1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the pasta until just done. Drain, reserving 60 ml (¼ c) of the cooking water.
2 Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry until done.
3 Stir in the milk, cream and dissolved cornflour and simmer until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
4 Mix the pasta and reserved cooking liquid into the mushroom sauce.
5 Gremolata Mix the ingredients and sprinkle over the pasta.
You may also like: