Byon March 14, 2017
Having friends over? Here’s a great nibble to whip up in a jiffy.
Preparation: 5 min
Chilling: 1 hour
Cooking: 8 min
- 500 g mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks 1-2 cm thick
- oil for deep-frying
- 80 ml (⅓ c) milk
- 1 egg
- 400 g breadcrumbs
- 5 ml (1 t) cayenne pepper
1. Put the cheese sticks on a plate and chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat oil for deep-frying in a saucepan. Whisk the milk and egg until smooth. Mix the breadcrumbs with the cayenne pepper. Dip each cheese stick into the egg mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Repeat if you prefer a thick coating.
3. Fry the cheese sticks in the oil, turning them carefully, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.