Byon January 4, 2017
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes
- 1 fresh chilli (or 60 ml dried chillies)
- 125 ml (½ c) boiling water
- 1 red, roasted sweet pepper,
- skin and seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- a pinch of salt
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
- 60 ml (4 T) olive oil
- 6-8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 can (410 g) chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 6 baby marrows, cut into pieces
- 45 ml (3 T) fresh, chopped mixed
- herbs or 15 ml (1 T) dried mixed herbs
- 80 g feta cheese, crumbled
1 SPICY PASTE
Place the paste ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside. If you’re using dried chillies pour the boiling water over them and let them soak for 10 minutes. Put the chillies and the water into the processor.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and spicy paste to taste.
3 Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces until golden brown.
4 Transfer the fried chicken to an oven dish.
5 Spread the chickpeas and tomatoes over the chicken.
6 Bake for 20 minutes.
7 Add the baby marrow and chopped herbs. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.
8 Sprinkle with the feta cheese and serve with rice, polenta or couscous.